We like to keep snacks around the house that are super tasty (and chocolatey) but not loaded with sugar or empty carbs. This can be tough to find! These taste delicious with coffee or tea– many mornings we grab a couple for breakfast and sit on the patio planning our day. They also make a great mid-afternoon snack!
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut. Plus extra for rolling
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Designs for Health, PurePaleo Protein, Chocolate (Click to buy here)
- Dash Himalayan pink salt
- Dash to ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBS honey
- Measure and place all ingredients in a food processor with metal blade for mixing.
- Mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Taste and made adjustments to texture and flavor. Note: Almond Butter can vary greatly in consistency. Use additional honey or coconut flour to adjust texture and moisture level.
- Spread extra shredded coconut on plate.
- Use a small cookie scooper to make balls, roll in coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate and Enjoy!
Inspired Bite: The Designs for Health PurePaleo protein powder in this recipe is actually a collagen rich beef protein, HydroBeef! Fantastic for muscle building, hair and skin health and even joints! It is surprisingly tasty, extremely digestible, rich and chocolatey and contains nothing artificial and no sugar. This is a superior product!!