Welcome to the holiday season! We love to give clients and friends homemade gifts that are still on the healthy path and encourage them to keep the spirit of a wellness lifestyle. This project is super easy and you will be amazed and touched how grateful people are to have something nourishing to snack on rather than the barrage of chocolates and candy typical for this time of year. Be sure to make an extra batch to keep at home – these flavorful nuts are perfect sprinkled on a big salad with chicken and roasted veggies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 cups mixed nuts of your choice
Heavy duty baking sheet
Coconut Oil Spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except nuts in a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Add nuts and toss to combine well.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, give a quick coating of coconut oil nonstick spray.
- Pour nuts onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fragrant and lighly toasted. Watch carefully – I have burned a few batches in my lifetime and that’s no fun at all!
- Cool completely before transferring to your container of choice.
Feel free to use any nuts that you love! These make great gifts, packaged in holiday containers or boxes.