Pumpkin baked everything is a requirement for Fall.
Finding that perfect blend of sweet, spicy and moist without all the sugar and grains can definitely be a challenge. Over the years I have baked hundreds of recipes in search for perfection. This my friends, is it! The flavors in this bread layer so gently…. cinnamon, spice and pumpkin with a little hint of earthy from the nuts and dates all surrounded with a moist, tender crumb. Pair with tea, coffee or get fancy and serve with a little ghee mixed with cinnamon and honey.
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 3 dates, pitted OR 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted grass fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup extra fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 21/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped dried naturally sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs in a large bowl. Add pitted dates and blend with an emulsion blender. (Alternatively, you can mix the entire wet portion in a food processor.) Add melted butter and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, spice and sea salt. Mix with a fork or whisk to incorporate everything fully.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix, blend gently with a spatula.
- Fold in the coconut, cranberries and nuts.
- Spray an 8 inch loaf pan with coconut oil non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
- For Muffins: divide batter evenly among muffin tin or papers. Cook time will vary depending on tin or paper size. Check at 15 minutes - muffins are done when slightly springy to the touch in the middle.
Inspired Bite: Try making this as Banana Bread! Substitute 1 cup of mashed banana for the pumpkin. Delicious!
Serve, Eat and Enjoy!