I am now officially in love with sprouted buckwheat! This nourishing bread will have you experience the unique flavor of buckwheat paired with intense fall spices, pumpkin and a gentle sweet of maple syrup and molasses. Staying on track during the holidays is much easier when you fill your own kitchen with health giving foods. This also travels well.
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Flax Eggs (mix together the following)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tabplespoon ground flax seed
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line two mini loaf pans with parchment paper or grease and flour with coconut oil and extra dusting of buckwheat flour
- In a small bowl, combine the Flax Eggs: mix together the water and ground flax seed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and baking soda. Stir in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, vanilla, chopped walnuts and flax eggs mixture.Finally add in the apple cider vinegar, which will help the loaf rise when it reacts with baking soda.
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pans evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until loaf is firm and bouncy to the touch.
- Cool before slicing.