These meatballs are a great pair for zucchini noodles, mashed root veggies or celery root. I think meatballs are this great comfort food and also a bit of fun! They seem kid-like and have such versatility. Think about your next party with a big plate of these with different dipping sauces or just a little jar of toothpicks. And if you have a family with or without kids, this will be a big hit. The prep is very easy and convenient. No need to hand fry them in a pan – just pop them into the oven and 20-25 minutes later you are ready to eat!
- 1 pound ground chicken (dark meat) or ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, minced (final will be 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb blend
- Blend all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs. I like to use a cookie scooper to cut down on the mess. You can also just use your hands and roll 1 tablespoon into balls.
- Line up on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet.
- Chill in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400F and bake for 20 minutes, until browned and sizzling.