Spiced Paleo Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond or cashew butter
- 8 fresh organic dates, pitted
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 small banana or ½ large banana
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup dried currants or raisins or juice sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Coconut Sugar to sprinkle on cookies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine almond butter, coconut flour and dates in a food processer, blend well.
- Add the shredded coconut, banana, eggs, spices, vanilla, salt and baking soda and blend for 30 seconds until dough forms.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse once or twice until combined. Do not overmix.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet or silpat.
- Slightly flatten cookies with a wet spatula. Sprinkle with coconut sugar if desired..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden on top.